for Metal Coffe PR (USA).
- Thanks for your time. Tell us about your band and what you do for your band.
Druknroll: It all began in 2006 when I invited great musicians, Sasha and Pyotr, and then Alex and Denys to join the band Druknroll. We decided to play music that merges all styles and genres, but we didn’t take jazz yet. And we can’t stop even now! Last year we released our 5th album “Unbalanced” and now we are working on our 6th studio album.
- When did you decide you wanted to be in a band?
Druknroll: When I was in kindergarten I used to crawl while mumbling “Droll… Roll… Druknroll…” But it all didn’t happen until 2006.
- What is different about being a musician than you imagined?
Druknroll: I thought that people would pluck their hair on heads and asses when they hear my music but it appeard that they pluck mine!
- What gear do you use and why?
Druknroll: I love and prefer playing oldschool tube amplifiers like Marshall and Hiwatt but we record using modern technologies and guitar sound plugins. What a paradox.
- What music do you listen to that would surprise people?
Druknroll: That’s Druknroll!
- How do we find your music and merch to buy?
Druknroll: It all can be found at out great label’s site – metalscraprecords.com. And also you can listen to us via streaming services like Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Deezer and others.
- How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY?
Druknroll: After release of our first album we were not satisfied with how our former label worked. And you wouldn’t believe – I found Metal Scrap Label site on the Internet. Its chief, Anatoliy, offered nice and appropriate terms for further collaboration. We have already made four albums for Metal Scrap and are working on the 5th now.
- What bands do people compare your music to?
Druknroll: Children Of Bodom, Soilwork, Mercenary, Degradead, Dark Tranquillity, Svartstorm and In Flames!!!
- Are you pro Spotify / streaming services? Or do you think it hurts sales?
Druknroll: We have our music there, within these services. I mean our label took it there. Well, I think the sales would only increase.
- What’s the ultimate goal for the band?
Druknroll: Ultimate goal is – as it is with Lemmy and Dio – is eternal life! We’re interested in a process of creating music. And when a finished album comes to the listener it is somehow sad because you know that all the work is done.
- Will we see you tour?
Druknroll: We planned a world tour with Metallica but at the last moment I got my guitar pick stolen so we decided to postpone the whole thing. But not the studio work. We’re working on new material, 3 new songs are ready. We’re going to release an EP and a new video.
- Who would you love to tour with?
Druknroll: We’d love to tour with a symphonic orchestra and a choir!
- What is your favorite song of yours and why?
Druknroll: My favorite song is not written yet because I really enjoy writing songs. For me the process of creating is much more important than the result.
- Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands?
Druknroll: You would regret till the end of your life and would bang your head against the wall if you don’t listen to the great piece of lyrics from our newest album “Unbalanced” – “The philosophy of life – reproduction and kaif!”.
- What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc?
Druknroll: My favorite music labels are Metal Scrap Records!
Denys: My favorite music labels are Nuclear Blast and Napalm Records. They’re always got some sweet and killer releases.
- Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?
Denys: Remember: Never judje albums by the cover! Otherwise Megadeth’s album Killing Is My Business…could be their first and last album.
- If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be?
Denys: I think it would be Enter Sandman. No one in this world should do a cover of it anymore.
- Is the record or live show more important?
Denys: Live show is more important, I think so. It brings more fun, so how can it be pointless?
- Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for.
Denys: Dimebag Darrell, Bill Steer, Samy Elbanna.
- Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?
Denys: Music, friendship, whiskey.